"For Those Who Ride - Keep Joe Bornstein On Your Side"
At the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein, we see firsthand the effects of serious motorcycle accidents. The injuries and consequences are often severe, with over 5,000 fatalities and 100,000 bikers injured each year - - and a 5-year average of 17 fatalities and 600 motorcycle accidents right here in Maine.
Whether you’re young or old, an experienced rider or new, it’s always wise to familiarize yourself with safety tips to help “Share the Road”:
- Maintain proper distance from other motorists as bikers are affected by elements that may not faze a motorist.
- Be alert. As bikers get older, their reaction time begins to diminish. Nearly half of all motorcycle fatalities involve a rider over the age of 40.
- Wear protective gear and carefully consider wearing a Department of Transportation compliant helmet. Proper safety gear can help save lives.
- Avoid riding in bad weather.
- Obey the general safety rules of the road and use hand and turn signals together to draw more attention to yourself when turning.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, call the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein today for a free and confidential consultation.
And remember, by following a few easy to remember safety tips, you'll help make your next ride a safe ride.